SEGA continues to expand their Sonic Team! A few weeks ago SEGA of Japan announced a job opening for a part-time planning assistant to work on the Sonic series, and it seems they now they are also looking for a Graphics Programmer to work on future Sonic games. The person hired will be involved in engine development, implementation and artist support as well as programming related to drawing.
We’ve translated the Job listing bellow, take a look!
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all aspects of programming related to the rendering of titles. Also involved in the development of drawing modules for our in-house engine.
- Build rendering pipelines and create shaders according to the requirements of the title. Artist support.
- Design, implementation and optimization of drawing modules for in-house engines. Research and implementation of next generation rendering technology.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing consumer game titles in C++ language.
- At least 1 year of working experience in shader language (Cg/HLSL).
- Experience in drawing programs for multiple titles and multiple consumer hardware.
- Experience in development using low-level graphics APIs.
- Development experience using UnrealEngine/Unity
*Depending on your experience and skills, you may be offered a contract position.
- Platforms: PS4/PS5/Switch/XboxOne/Scarlett/Windows (Steam), etc.
- Engine: In-house engine, Unity.
- Programming languages: C++, C#, Python, etc.
If you live in Japan, speak Japanese and have the necessary skills, you can apply by clicking here!
Stay tuned to Sonic City for more Sonic news and updates!